Monday, December 7, 2009

improvised bean dip

On Sunday we made dinner for Todd and Tory. It was a relatively simple thing, we have an agreement that these bi-weekly dinners need to stay low-pressure. We made enchiladas, bean dip, and spanish rice. For the bean dip, I called up Douglas and asked him what to do, but I didn't have his main ingredients, so here's what I did instead. It seems to have worked.

1 can refried beans (vegetarian in this case)
4oz (approx) sour cream
1/4 lb cheese (queso fresco this time)
1 smallest can diced jalapeƱos, or to taste.
1/2 jar medium salsa
1/2 (regular) can black olives, chopped coarse (or 1 small can)
salt to taste - probably at least 1 tsp, maybe more like 2 but be careful.
1 Tbsp garlic powder
---optional---
2 tsp cumin
green onions, chopped
2 tsp paprika for color.

Heat in a pot until cheese is melted.

If I did it over, I might try finely diced onions instead of green onions. My brother uses chili beans and cream cheese instead of refried and sour cream, that also sounds delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment